View Single Post
Old 10-23-07, 02:50 PM   #6
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
6. When i return to port, crew is still not 100% fit. If i read 15/100 efficiency for some crew member.. does this means that the dude is really stupid and has to be thrown over the fence into the sea, or he's just tired? Some compartments are never green.. except for the conning tower. Even after a whole day with no fight...
'Fatigue' should go to Zero when you get to port. If it doesn't, the man may be injured (check Health).

When you return to port after a patrol, you will be given the option of promoting some of the crew. Usually your SRs (Seaman Recruit/one stripe) and SAs (Seaman Apprentice/two stripes) are auto-promoted, i.e. Time In Grade. Once in a very great while you will be given the option of promoting a Chief PO to Officer (Ensign), but that's very rare.

The #1 Rule on my boat is: If you aren't at least 60% effecient in your pay billet, you don't get promoted.
Rule 2: If you are below 30% effeciency for your pay billet after two patrols, YOU'RE FIRED! Move the crewman from his billet to the 'pool' of personel (left side), and select another man that 'may' be better.

After 6 patrols or more, you are going to wind up with more chiefs than indians. 'Transfer' these men to other boats (same method), and get a few Seamen so you will have someone to promote next time.

Top medals usually go to the #1 man in the watch, lessor medals to the lower rated men. It gets tough picking out which man gets a Silver Star or Bronze Star. You can't tell in the game who is doing the best work. If you haven't had any AA Gun action, obviously your AA Gun crew doesn't get any medals.

Run Silent, Run Deep