View Single Post
Old 10-20-07, 07:51 AM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Last meeting was Amsterdam, in 2005. In 2004 it was US and 2003 it was London.

Drebbel and I were discussing this. We have a meeting targeted for Europe in 2009, which will coincide with a "unique event" that every subsimmer will want to participate in. So, for 2008, we will liekly plan one for the summer in the US, either in Houston or if another US Subsim member wants to manage and host it, another city in the US with a sub museum.

Hosting a meeting means you will be responsible for helping members find hotels and rooms, arranging the entertainment and events, and picking up people from the airport. It's a good idea to find another guy or two in the area to help you host it, like the Dutch did in the '05 Amsterdam meeting--there were 4 or 5 co-hosts at that one; Bluebeard and Angel, Dargo and Yvonne, Drebbel and Sharky, and of course, Abraham.

If we have it in Houston, I can set up my home like a barracks, as I did in 2004. This will allow 5-8 people to save hotel money and stay here, and I also provided transportation for 5, and other local members can help with that, so your cost to attend the meeting is only the airfare (dollar is cheap), and entertainment.

Neal

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 10-20-07 at 08:05 AM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote