View Single Post
Old 10-13-07, 11:10 AM   #10
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

@u.Prestige

thanks for your questions!

The first question tells me that the manual is not adequately clear.

The answer is that reticule markings are there to help you measure the length of the target. You can either just count the horizontal markings that the target covers, or else you can lock the target and using the up/down cursor keys move the target until one end of it just touches the diagonal line. At this point read off the number.

The number on the diagonal line is basically a repeat of the horizontal markings, but doubled. This is because when you lock onto a target, the lock is focused on the center, therefore you just need to measure out from one side and double it to get a length reading. The diagonal scale is already doubled so you can just read off the correct optical length.

The second issue is more complicated.

I am not familiar with this mod, but I am guessing taht the 6-dials have been replaced with larger slideout dials.

The reason it slides out with the rudder is that i attached it to the rudder page in order to avoid slideouts. Such a large object sliding out can become a nuisance, so attaching it to the rudder page felt to be a better approach. I wasn't really thinking about the consequences of attaching it to a slideout rudder dial when i did it.

So the best solution is to ask you where you would like it to be. If you are happy for it to slide out with the rudder, then the issue is one of repositioning. If you can post a screenshot I can advise the necessary edit to have it in a usable positioni

Good luck

joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote