View Single Post
Old 09-27-07, 04:28 AM   #149
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Quote:
I am sorry to disappoit you but you maybe grossly overestimate SOF's scripting power. I fear i have also overestimated it in my longer post above, after hearing you talking about. It is nowhere even close to the scripting power of operation flashpoint for example. On a second look it all appears to me rather as very normal scripting. there are only very basic orders given and there are no math operations done in any of the scripts, so i would figure it is not possible, since the purpose the scripts seem to be done for it is not needed for SOF. You can do a few nice things but the apparent lack of possibilites to read out even the most basic ship data of any given vehicle pretty much puts the final nail into its coffin. Only the devs could prove otherwise as i see no tangible hint in the scripts for such possebilities. It really wouldn't be a deal at all to add this functionality in the scripting language.

This all is another pitty for SOF. But the devs seems to not have made anything really right.

I guess you will have to wait after all, till i am done with IUF
kinda figured the conversation was a waste of time...lol
IUF..??? at the current rate of production i will almost certainly be long dead and buried (quite literaly) by the time you actualy finish IUF..lol

your wrong of course....about nearly everything sadly...not that it matters!!

bit of a wind up merchant in fact lol....

Quote:
In the games EXE ? what do you mean ? how have you seen it in the exe ?

I mean the exe is hardcoded.
you don't know how to look in an exe file with a hex editor??

nuff said..wind up

sorry to sound a bit rude...but i trust my instincts ..doesn't matter how many people say other wise ..and BOY do they allways say other wise...that won't work ..you can't do that..that isn't possible on and on and on....i damn near allways even with my extremely basic ability..manage to make it work...strange that ...sigh...i just get fed up hearing the same old drone..

Quote:
lol,

float a

a = 2 + 2

is actually very VERY basic!
EVERYTHING is advanced UNTILL you know HOW to do it lol... EVERYTHING...remember??

try this from the generator code

GetMenuSelection [year],"MGenerator\year"
add [fyear],[year],1913.0
irandom [day],$2,$1b
StartDate [fyear],[month],[day]
GetMenuSelection [daytime],"MGenerator\daytime"
CalcStartTime [daytime]

i don't need to be able to WRITE this code to SEE that what it is capable of... what ever you think of it it is in another universe entirely from SH3/4 etc...

we haven't even touched on the kisetcommands

KiSetCommand [ship3],$4,1000,3.14,0,[ship2]
KiSetCommand [ship1],$b,7500,0,0,$0
KiSetCommand [ship2],$b,7500,0,0,$0
KiSetCommand [ship3],$b,7500,0,0,$0

i allways work on the principle that what you see on the surface is only a fraction of what actualy can be done...

and with SOF what you see on the surface is actualy quadruple what is entirely available with other sims..

this is in fact the basic first rule of modding...

extrapolate what CAN be done...not what CAN'T be done...this requires a positive mind set...not a negative one...by default..and if in the end what ever it is your trying to do indeed cannot be done....then nothing has been lost and a whole lot gained by making the serious attempt...etc

like i say i do this for fun...and out of curiosity..to every-one else it appears to be some form of bizaare "ego" competition...
i don't have anything to prove here...if i pass the ball..and other people don't pick it up or drop the ball then that is not my problem...i have contributed what I COULD do...what other people contribute, positive or negative, is their affair lol

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 09-27-07 at 05:34 AM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote