GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBMAN1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
I would not recommend IL2 for SP. Personally I bought the original release, as well as FB, Aces and Pacific Aces, but to my shame I could never really like it. The graphics are nice, but I found it to be more of an an online game, the AI and campaign are dissappointing, and I personally did not I repeat NOT like the terrain graphics. I did not like for the following reasons: map borders, no satellite terrain, repetitive effects (rivers) and worst of all, 3d objects popping into view.

Imo it's great if you play online but its not that great for SP. CFS3+OFF, BoB2 are examples of better SP games.
I thought I was the only flight simmer that didn't care for IL-2? I have the Aces expansion, everything, but never 'enjoyed' it. I do however 'love' EAW. I have yet to try BoB2 though.

-S
I have been asking myself exactly the same question. Imo a lot of casual / SP players never got into it, but the online / hardcore community is so vocal that everyone must believe they're the only one ...

I have bought BoB2 recently and I play it atm, with 2.06 patch, multiskin, and the newest terrain mod. Excellent aircraft model, skins, cockpits, sounds, radio comms. Terrain is still a bit dissapointing but looks nice enough from altitude. With 2.06 there are no more stability problems. One thing I must say is that it is much harder than other flightsims I know. The AI is light years ahead! I have yet to play a campaign, but it looks really deep. There are some small problems but I would absolutely recommend it, especially as the community and developers are very supportive and this game deserves some support.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote