View Single Post
Old 09-10-07, 02:17 PM   #109
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Hi Toolsey

hi cheers for the thoughts

here's an up-date on the morselamp message code work..

here the AI u-boot is waiting at my first patrol zone...i set the patrol zone objective to a simple "reach" so it is completed as soon as i get there...and as soon as that happens the U-Boot sends the message (as shown above)

all i need to do is tidy the code up a bit..(he sends the message more than once so i need to set the code to prevent that)...shouldn't be hard to do...

it really feels wierd writting game missions in VB code...but it's actualy a stroke of genuis!..as this means SOF has the single most flexible and astounding mission set up of any simulation out there (let alone any SubSim)....the capabilities of the system are literaly limitless..makes anything else look like a toy in comparison...
anything you can do in VB code you can do in the missions..mindblowing stuff really
even if 99.9% of it is beyond my code writing ability...this game campaign engine has the capability to make any other Subsim past or present look like a joke...

i thought the game was good before..now it's quite literaly the best subsim money can buy ..i kid you not..there isn't anything you can't do with it..

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 09-10-07 at 06:25 PM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote