View Single Post
Old 09-06-07, 01:50 PM   #94
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

i see...yes it's the conversion to directX that 3dsmax is struggling with...at least with the X file exporter plug in i have at the moment....it imports the SOF models like a dream blam straight open with 3dsmax there it all is..but exporting it back out again.....there's the snag....the game accepts the edited model perfectly..no crashes etc...but it's invisable LOL....am trying variuos different settings with the export to see what the issue is....it may even be a matter of scale.....it might be exporting the model file hugely too large (in which case i am seeing nothing because i am inside the sub model...or it may be the exact opposite ...and the thing may be a tiny speck beneath me...or it may have reveresed all the polygon normals so it's shown inside out and there fore transparent...any number of things can go wrong or be set incorrectly....

so it's the conversion to the X file format that i need advice on...if he has 3dsmax what exportor plug-in is he using etc...and what settings does he use and so on...

in the mean time i willl take a look at deep exploration (it rings a bell think i've used it before..) and try one or two other tricks....see if i can find a way...

yes i think adding new ships etc is just a matter of correctly adding the new vessel to the games list of game objects....

it won't automatically use it tho untill you script it into the missions..which you obviuosly allready know how to do lol

tho to be honest with you i don't think subsim.com is the right place to discuss this excellent sim...

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote