View Single Post
Old 08-24-07, 12:59 AM   #127
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Your ideas about different instances are valid now. It should run fine.

I just posted 2.0b, which is basically just 1.7b with the files reorganized a lot, as well as the scripts compiled to EXEs. It was a hell of a lot of work to get that done, and should help a lot of people, hence the major version number increase.

The compatibility with previous CSVs still remains of course, there's just some new stuff in dials especially. There are many IDs now that have special triggers in the code, so you can't necessary assume what the behavior will be based on the CSV content except for simple commands. There's a base behavior, but if id == xxx then special things happen for certain ones. So if you copy a command ID and give it a new ID but with all the same info, it could behave differently.

For IL-2, therefore, I would suggest you try not to re-use any existing IDs, or at least just change the ID if the behavior is not what you expect.

I'll look into the unlocked command bar issue when I can. Right now I'm very curious about how 2.0b works for people who have never installed perl/python, only the speech SDK and just try to run it.