View Single Post
Old 08-22-07, 06:28 PM   #123
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I just realized why there's a minor bug I saw late last night after release. If you use a command that click/drag the speed, torp depth, or torp angle dials more than 180 degrees, it won't go in the correct direction. It takes the shortest route between 0 angle and your requested angle, so right 270 degrees will actually go left 90 degrees, but this may not necessarily be correct due to the way these dials work - even though you end up at the same point, the direction you twist the dial might be important.

The simplest fix for now is to remove any commands that twist it more than 179 degrees. Or maybe I'll just have it drag along a few extra points between the start and finish points to ensure it spins in the right direction. I'll post that fix tonight.

UPDATE: Posted this fix, no version number change. It's pretty cool to see the dials clicked and dragged all the way to the requested position instead of just sorta zooming there instantly. I just set up some shots in the training session, pretty cool. I sunk that ship, and never touched the keyboard or mouse except to ID the ship, set the range finder (stadimeter), and move the periscope left and right.

Last edited by minsc_tdp; 08-22-07 at 09:06 PM.
minsc_tdp is offline   Reply With Quote