View Single Post
Old 08-22-07, 02:21 AM   #121
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Well BioShock crashes like mad so I went back to working on sh4speech. You might not believe it, but 1.7 is done. And with this version I cannot foresee adding any new major features - everything you can control in the game is now controllable, at any resolution. It is done! Any other updates would be minor from here.

Since this update is so major, I'm calling it a BETA for now.

Changelog is in the ReadMe.
Here's the download link for 1.7 BETA.

New commands:
"torpedo settings" and "PK status" (both do the same, toggles the mode. Be sure the torp settings mode is up before doing the following
"[increase or decrease] torpedo depth [0-50] feet" (relative to current setting)
"exploder contact"
"exploder influence"
"torpedo speed low" or "low speed torpedoes"
"torpedo speed high" or "high speed torpedoes"
"torpedo gyro [right or left] [0-19] degrees" (relative to current setting! So if it's 5 right now, and you want it 5 left, say "left 10 degrees")

"range finder " or "range tool" (sorry, "stadimeter" just won't recognize)
"[increase or decrease] angle on bow [0-360] degrees" (auto-sends to computer)
"[increase or decrease] target speed [0-40] knots" (auto-sends to computer)
"calculate target speed" (auto-sends to computer)

"toggle PK " (clicks once)
"update PK " (clicks twice to update after new readings are sent in)
(you can also use the full phrase "position keeper" for "PK")

I've tested the resolution compatibility testing in two additional resolutions, and it works great, but I certainly haven't tried every single command. If a command doesn't work, don't panic! Let me know. There could be a few where I indicated that the control is just in the wrong quadrant of the screen. I doubt there are any that don't follow the "rules" of where things end up when the res changes.

At this point I'm going to stop doing anymore work on this except for handling reported bugs and maybe working on improving the installer and compiling to EXEs to eliminate having to install Perl/Python. Beyond that, I'm just going to play the hell out of it to really see what needs doing, if anything!