View Single Post
Old 07-25-07, 08:37 PM   #6
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

The TMA tool, as it is now, requires equal time intervals in order to work... Although, you raise a good point. Might be more useful to have the option to automatically adjust to variable time intervals.

I'll have to noodle on that one a bit. It would require a modification to the existing TMA tool or a new tool, in either case I'd have to release a version 1.1 to include something like that.

For now, you could take your first bearing, and monitor movement over 5 mins, if you don't see enough of a change wait for 10... if 10 is better use 10 minutes as your observation interval. MoBo doesn't care what you use for a time interval, it just has to be an equal time interval... but I don't think the logic would be too difficult to use a variable time interval as a ratio multiplier. :hmm:

Of course, if you used your own intuition, nothing is stopping you from taking 10 min intervals for 3 observations and 5 minutes thereafter. Your line stack would be in two distinctly different segment lengths, but you could certainly reason that out easily enough.