View Single Post
Old 07-12-07, 08:56 AM   #69
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Hi mates,

Sorry the delay to reply, I only visit subsim 2 or 3 times per week now...

Quote:
Kaleum Cook wrote:
Ah, I was still running the beta, just downloaded the final version.

After all the thanks to the great Rubini I have one "but": the game seems very easy now in clear weather (well at least in the beginning of the war when the vessels really have to see the boat to detect it). Even in the brightest daylight with a totally calm sea destroyers don't see the boat over far distances. Just reading Buchheim again and in his story the men fear the enemy's sharp lookouts in the masts - no need to do so in the game.

Therefore, I have a question: do the enemy sailors stay alert on 16 kilometers or further as well and just don't see the boat because of the circumstances or is their visual range in general limited and smaller than that of the boat?
In the "Stay Alert 16km" version I don't changed anything on the GWX AI. So, the enemy behaviour should be the same, including visual detection. in the opposite side, in the "Stay Alert 8km" i reduced a bit the enemy max range to visual detection purposes because the player (and the player crew) only can detect at 9km max. I guess that this is the best balance for both atmosphere mods (16km and 8km).
Try to save a position (or make a single test mission - calm and clear day) and run it with and without the Stay Alert 16km mod and see how and when the enemy will detect you. I expect the same behaviour here. Obviously do this in early war to avoid instrumental detection. The unique diference that you could see with the mod is that your crew probably will detect the enemy first now (the smoke on the horizon!).

Dimitrius07,
I'm not sure, but I guess that this mod will be incorporated (or adapted) on GWX 1.04.