View Single Post
Old 07-07-07, 09:09 AM   #887
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

OK, here's my most successful patrol.

It was late 1944, and I had just started for home at Guam until I picked up something on my sonar, or at least, that's what the operator called in. I had 3 torps left after taking out an entire Japanese fleet of 2 battleships and 1 carrier, and I was somewhat reluctant on attacking the vessel because of the currency it costs to buy the special torps. Anyway, I decided to check it out.

I reduced speed and came in at 13 knots towards the enemy ship. It was the dead of night, about 3 AM to be exact, and then I raised my scope to see A YAMATO CLASS SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. It was partially on fire, and I still don't know why, but I didn't waste my chance. I was right in on her side and fired 2 of my 3 torps. Both hit, and one struck dead home in the ammo storage. The ship lit up the blackness and the sides blew completely out. She sank with all hands in under 30 SECONDS, still burning as she went down.

Needless to say, I was quite happy when I got back to Guam with over 250,000 tons under my belt. The currency I got from it also bought me all the torps a man could wish for.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote