View Single Post
Old 05-20-07, 07:18 AM   #30
ChristopherT
Helmsman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens

I'll have to look at the stock autoexec and config files but I think it says NO EMS or something.

Update: I loaded Grey Wolf: Hunter of the North Atlantic and played a couple missions, then Silent Hunter I. The intro movie does not work but the game plays great!

Then I got fancy and installed Fast Attack. The intro movie for this one plays, but then the screen goes black.... and no game So, the lucky run comes to an end, I'll have to roll up my sleeves and see what I need to do to get FA working.

Let's review, so far the SUBSIM Legacy machine has:

Command Aces of the Deep
Seawolf SSN-21
Wolfpack
Silent Service II
Greywolf
Silent Hunter

I have to get Fast Attack working then I'll tackle Great Naval Battles, Clancy's SSN, Das Boot, Silent Steel, and Fighting Steel. My goal is to have the most pre-2000 naval and subsims running on one machine in the world.

Neal
The only ones on that list I don't have are Clancy's SSN and Silent Steel. All the GNB's, Das Boot, Silent Hunter, Greywolf, and Fighting Steel work fine under Win98. For SS2 make sure your sound card has an Adlib chip on-board. My machine lacks that hardware so SS2 uses the PC speaker. (My XT did have a SB card with an Adlib chip on it and the sound was very good.)

Christopher
ChristopherT is offline   Reply With Quote