Old 05-19-07, 12:54 PM   #864
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-161
Though Ace of the deep was a realistic simulation gameI hope ubi can fix the problem.
As I am a very elderly person, I have played every submarine simulation; as this aspect of our "history" is fascinating and will grab some people into a new realm of simulation. However, the earlier games had problems, but they were at least playable and some where even patched.

After having a great time playing the original Silent Hunter Command, I heard that SH2 and Destroyer Command were such a great single campaign or multiplayer player game, so I purchased them. I was very sadly disappointed. I open and installed SH2 and when I started to play it, the colours were NOT correct. Whoever heard of a brown sea on which to play on. That was it, I shelved both of them.

Aces of the Deep (Command version) was fantastic for that time of year as a naval simulation where the submarine was the prime character. I spent many an hour(s) playing the game instead of doing my work (like marking student papers). I would be caught up in it so much that I would play for HOURS, many long into the night.

You (Ubisoft) have now disappointed me with SH3, which many developers within the Subsim forum had to fix many, many problems, howerver, there are still hard core problems in the original product that our developers cannot repaire and therefore need to be fixed.

Now you come out with a product, on a rushed release date, which has made many submarine simulation players very, very unhappy with the sloppy product you release, which is really below the standards which you indicated in your advertisements made the SH IV worth buying.

Well, I have heard from people around the globe, plus the people in this forum, discuss the problems in SH IV; so naturally I will not purchase any further games from you (Ubisoft). After I purchased SHIII, I had to upgrade my computer in order to play it, and being a person on a government pension, simply cannot afford to fork out to keep up with the gaming developers. After I upgraded to the recommended requirements, I still had problems and I had many email correspondence in trying to repair the problem I was having. Well, I would like to inform you that your technical "SUPPORT" were unable to solve my problem. I can tell you though, that it was so much a simple matter, that a member of the subsim forum was able to solve the problem for me and now the game (as it is) works, with some hardcore bugs.

So I beg you, PLEASE come out with the necessary patche(s) to make your very well promoted game, PLAYABLE.

I support Neal and all the other people that have responded in this thread, in getting down on my weak knees and asking you to please LET and SUPPORT your team of developers in coming out with a great patch to make SH IV something to remember, before I leave this earth.