Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
AARRGH!!!

Swat, your pictures are lovely; I mean really good! I especially love the battleship shot.

It just drives me crazy when I see the lack of research on the part of the devs. Midway has (and had) no lighthouses, no breakwater, no buildings to speak of, and most definitely no harbor!

There was an airstrip and a couple of docks. Submarines and destroyers could refuel there, but no battleships that I'm aware of. I wish they'd get these things right.

Midway, November 1941.
You're definitely right,but I think it would take much longer to develop the game with the accurate appearance of all the ports and harbors.We should not forget that it's still the game,for more demanding players - good simulation,but nobody is perfect.:hmm:
Actually, I deleted the airfield(s)/port object from Midway and it looks much better. I also eliminated almost all the harbor traffic.

ANY lighthouse with the lights on during the war is absurd, BTW.

As for the devs and Midway, the midway airfields/harbor is comprised of 2 special objects just for Midway. They worked HARD to make Midway that awful, it would have looked more accurate devoid of any additions at all.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote