View Single Post
Old 04-25-07, 02:21 AM   #1206
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

@ Sniggles

Whenever Minitweaker is used to edit a file a backup is created in the folder of the original. To activate your changes this backup must be moved from that location. IIRC the backup ends in 000.

@ Vasmann

I'm not sure that this is a GWX problem. From the addtional mods you have added I believe 3 of them will change the optics bearings vs TDC bearings as part of their changes or additions. I'm sorry to say that these mods are not Officially sanctioned by GWX due to the possibilty that they will conflict with a GWX base file. It would be worth a try asking in the thread related to these mods.

@ All

While I/we are only too happy to help any/all members here at Subsim, this thread is for GWX specific problems/questions only. I also realise that many of you are flavouring your install of GWX to your liking but the GWX Dev/Team can only offer support for the base GWX files and as such we must always ask "what other mods do you have installed". We really can't support these additional mods unless they have been tested and approved by the GWX Devs. Could I please ask you to consider what additional files you have added before coming to ask about 'this, that & the other GWX problem'. By all means start a new thread about your problem or use the forum search function. In fact, you are more likely to get a broad spectrum of answers this way.

Once again, this is not a 'do not post in this thread', it's just a reminder that most problems are caused by something other than GWX. Also, this thread is actively read/searched for problems in GWX which need to be included in any future fix or patch, it's a nightmare trying to pick out GWX related issues from the others.

Not a rant, just a plea.

Thanks.