View Single Post
Old 04-02-07, 06:08 PM   #40
Tigrone
Commander

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
I believe this is a quote taken out of context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterboy1
Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here is a post from Elanaiba that he made at SimHQ:
Quote:
Guys,Thanks for pointing out the error with the Thresher. Just a small missing h. Sorry about it, it will of course be corrected in the next patch. As for the medals, belive me we would have liked to LEAVE the correct medals in the game. But, if the US Institute of Heraldry says we can't, I suppose we can't do it. Anyway, it was not our call, and in now way it was meant as making fun of the real awards of the US Navy.
I do not believe this is true. I think it is a quote taken out of context. I think it is simply a matter of not reading or not being able to read English well. The reference applies to stealing copy writteded art work and not to historical simulations or artistic work done by others based on US decorations. The depiction of US decorations is not unlawful, anymore than a depiction of the flag or a service uniform would be. It does not apply.

I've a broom at the mast said he, for the broom is a sign for me, that wherever I go, I sweep the mighty sea.
Tigrone is offline   Reply With Quote