mainexpress
Ensign

Downloads: 294
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainexpress
I installed GWX and the 1.02 patch and i noticed patrolling around great britains coast the mine field is not there,nor is it in the dover straights,it shows in the manual where the british laid there mines on the map but i dont see them in this mod,could someone please explain-thnx
Not all of the mines are there right from the start of the war. More and more fields are added as the war progresses. So you may be looking too early in the war. See the campaign files in the mission editor if you want to know the exact dates.

Another reason, as melnibonian points out, is that the east coast barrage minefields (and other open ocean minefields) tend to have a much lighter density of mines, than those around ports (It's impractical to lay mines across hundreds of square miles of open ocean at the same density as when attempting to block off a channel into a port. The idea is to make it hazardous to pass through the area, not block it off completely).
ok thanks for explaining that,im in a type VII career out of kiel in 1940.and i was looking around under water where the mines supposedly are laid and didnt see any,ill also take a look at the campaign files in mission editor
mainexpress is offline   Reply With Quote