Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan
Was it not A Morane that Garros was flying when the Germans got their hands on it?
Yes. I mentioned earlier that it was a Morane 'L' parasol.

I like your story. Now that you can fly from the beginning of the war I'm planning on getting it as soon as I can.
I knew I read it somewhere..:p

My career goes on. A couple of washouts without the Allies even being sighted but that is life I suppose.One scary lone wolf mission above Arras as well against 4 Noop 17s; got one of them but his mate shot me up so badly I had to cut my losses and run. Just made it back to base and no more. My claims are up to 7 now and I got awarded the iron Cross and promoted to OberLeuntant. On the downside my Wingman is missing in action....

I was never keen on the Albs before but I seem to have been doing well enough in the D2.

GlobalExplorer: I don't know anything about the Squadron data. I know that they intend all of this sort of thing to be modable at some point but perhaps they are just not comfortable with that yet seeing as there will be far, far more stuff added in Phase 3 when that arrives. As for the skins, I like them well enough myself but perhaps - if your computer can handle it - you should activate the 2048 x 2048 Hi-res skins and try them out. You can do this through the cfs config you will find in the OFF folder.

I think the secret to the Albs is to ease off against more nimble opponents and get a height advantage whenever you can. Noop 17s will outturn you all day if they can and it is very difficult to keep up with them unless you pull right back on the throttle and wait it out. a tactic I've been trying with them is to hang just above and hit them when the are on the Apex of a climb before they pull away to the side. I think most of my kills in this campaign are Noops of various sorts. The problems really begin when one of them gets on your tail...not much to do except splitarse around the sky and hope....

Biggles; I'm still going to do an AAR at some point. I've got a few screenies I need to get around to posting as well.

That is one of the things I really like about this game, though; stories do emerge that are different for everyone.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote