View Single Post
Old 01-15-07, 02:32 PM   #538
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut
melnibonian,thanks. I have lost 3 boots out of 4,if I don't catch on soon, it will be back to TGW. Shallow water is tits-up!
Rob with GWX you have to be a bit more patient than you were with GW1.1a. It's a brilliant mod and if you give it some time you will have loads of fun with it. My suggestion would be to stick with it. Now some simple suggestions on survival:

1. Try to lower the realism settings until you feel confident. My suggestion would be to untick the realistic vulnerability and the detection meter. That way you can take more punishment from the DDs and survive and you will know when they can detect you. Later on when you learn the new tactics you can take them off.
2. When you're close to a DD always go deep and silent. Remember that if you do 2kts your boat rises slowly and if you go above 2kts the DD can hear you. It's a delicate ballance but with time you will be able to master it.
3. Plan your attacks. Try to set up ambushes whenever you can and don't attack guns blazing. If you're subtle and sneaky you can increase your chances of survival.
4. If you attack ships with the deck gun remember that they can cause you great damage with their guns, so try to move around as much as possible and don't get involved in prolonged gun fights.

That's on a nutshell. Try them and as always if you have any problm or you need any advice you can either post or PM me.

Take care and enjoy the game
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote