View Single Post
Old 01-13-07, 07:56 AM   #28
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

But even though the VA is the new kid on the block there are still more SWs than VAs in operation and will be for the next few years. And heck the VA really doesn't change the gameplay for a player much. Its core configurations mimick the LA (weapons, armament, speed) with the difference being a sensor upgrade and engine quieting. The SW is sufficiently different a boat to give the player a different feel in terms of speed, diving, armament, etc.

Honestly, I've been playing a VA style sub for a while (I just modified the LA stats to upgrade it to VA quality to simulate its sound and sensor levels) with the only thing lacking being the aesthetics of a 3D model.

How about just adding the sub as a AI platform in the USN inventory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
Well I guess I'm in the minorty here but I kinda don't want the 688(i) to go away. Bye Bye any cold war scenerios. (rember Bill's fantasic Red Storm Rising campgain- there was no Va class boats or even Seawolfs in RSR!)

As for replacing one of the Kilos !! All three classes of Kilo are very diffrent boats.

Maybe tack on the Va class to the 688(i) roster? and have a switcher util to change between pure 688(i) interface and the Hybrid SW-688(i) interface? Heck if anything replace the Seawolf.

Last edited by LoBlo; 01-13-07 at 11:36 AM.
LoBlo is offline   Reply With Quote