View Single Post
Old 01-01-07, 02:56 PM   #10
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Can you guys give it a rest?

Have you guys not read or understand what Jamie has said? Do you not think Jamie would like to release extra playable units to joe public. Do you think SCS haven't made versions of DW with extra playables for government customers.

SCS is shackled in part by the work it does for teh DoD, ever wondered why Sonalysts is called just that?

Frankly I think SCU and SCX might be partly to blame here in an indirect and unitended manner. We made a system where you had new uniquely playable units. People expected a similar thing to be done with DW, however as JAMIE HAS EXPLAINED SCS business model was based on X amount of units selling so that they could then release and OPFOR pack, which probably already exists for government customers. They over estimated how many units they would sell and thus an expansion at the moment isn't viable.

I seem to get the impression that people think SCS should release an expansion pack for DW regardless almost as if it won't cost them money to do it, as if SCS commercial releases should be subsidised by the military stuff. Thing is the two are separate, the government customers have already pid for there stuff up front, full cost for the work needed to put in new units and features associated with them. Costs that would be incurred again possibly for a commercial release since certain elements of public release and government release are different and code would need to be rewritten and paid for.

SCS is a small part of Sonalysts business, SCS staff can and are pulled off from DW to work on other more lucrative and more to the point more important work.

Maybe SCS should license the product to a full time developer like UbiSoft, but who knows where that would lead.

I can't see UbiSoft doing such a thing, their accountants probably don't liek the figures. Also Ubis reputation isn't that great when it comes to this, they couldn't even get their backsides into gear for Harpoon 4 which would have been a huge seller. I think you should give SCS a break and be grateful that we do have this sim and that SCS allow us to mod what I would consider to be the most important part and that is the database and doctrine files like LWAMI has done.

When it comes down to it what real difference is there sub hunting in a P-3 compared to a IL-38 or Atlantique. You can make scenarios and use imagination.