View Single Post
Old 12-30-06, 07:53 PM   #106
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesten
Thanks very much for the review, Deamon!

I trust your judgement, so have just bought Shells of Fury.

Always wanted a WW1 U-boat sim. The more I learn about WW1, the more amazing it is - the sheer pace technological innovation in that era is incredible!

Much as I love SH3, I'm now a little bit uncomfortable about 'fighting for Hitler' even in a game.

But I genuinely believe the world would have been a better place if Germany had won the Great War (and my home country, Britain, should have stayed neutral!)

I've got no qualms whatsover about sinking Russian ships (I read that many of SOF's missions are in the Baltic against the Imperial Russian Navy.
This game is so crappy but it made me addictive to just see what the next missions will be like. The missions are all like i have studied the war, it was very delighting to play this scenarios that i have else just red about. The phantastic thing about WWI subwar gameplay wise is that at that time the u-boats still looked for the purpuose they are best suitable for - sink merchants. Till then they were mainly used to look for the Grant Fleet and sink it. So especialy at the beginning of the war you have alot of very exciting missions against enemy warships. This is a very welcomed relief from the always repeating merchant war in WWII sims.

The ships mostly bags to be sunk but still it have an immersion factor i must admit. Finaly SOF leaves you behind with the wish for more. With the wish for IUF

You feel how good this game could have become if it would be properly implemented. But you can see in the game everywhere that the devs had aimed for more but had to cut back just everything in order to meet the shedule.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote