View Single Post
Old 11-11-06, 06:06 PM   #103
Roads88
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
You can use Google or Babelfish to translate German into (Bad) English. In Google you will can see the "language tools link" to the lower right of the text box. Babelfish translates more languages including Russian if you want to see how PT Boats or Lockon Black Shark are coming along on their Russian forums.

Overall Marinesims think the game was ambitious for such a small devteam but does not really offer much to the SH3 player. They have a nice list of pros and cons on the page.

I'd say I think Deamon pretty much summed it up on the previous page very well. It's no SH3 and perhaps not even a SH2 but it's quite nice to have if you are " a completist" like me and want to support the work of smaller teams and encourage further development of naval sims.

The game file formats are quite open and I have already translated some menus and missions in my imported copy. One thing I do like about the game is minelaying I don't think that's been done before. It's quite a different experience than waiting for a torpedo hit watching a ship thread her way through the mines you have laid a real will she or won't she experience.
Another nice idea is the gunnery chart at the deck gun station which show you where you shell splashes are landing
Ok...It took a minute to figure out but I did it through Google. The english was better then I figured.

Thanks a ton.