View Single Post
Old 10-17-06, 12:06 PM   #5
MobyGrape
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Ok a new day, and a better attitude.
this may help some..haven't tried myself..will give it a go..when i have some extra free time and get, "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash player. .
BYW this problem seems wide spread..do a google search.For:The above error...
Date Posted:
08/17/2006 10:44:20 AM
Posted By: SJesMe (Junior Member)
***A GOOD FIX***
I was fighting with this problem for months and finally found a good fix. This is what I did:
1. Use the uninstaller at Adobe's Web site following the instructions given here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157
2. Empty temporary files and internet cache and restart.
3. Download the latest FlashPlayer version 9 from Adobe's web site here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

At this point check and be sure that you have a file named "Flash.ocx" in both your Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folders, as well as the "Flash9.ocx" in the Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder. If you do, you have a good install.

4. Download Flash8.ocx from www.rrdownloads.net/Flash.zip (I'm sure this file must be buried on Adobe's site somewhere, but I couldn't find; nonetheless, this is a safe link)
5. Unzip the active x file into your Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder
6. In the same Windows folder, rename "Flash9.ocx" to Flash-9.ocx (or anything else)
7. Then rename the Flash8.ocx (from the downloaded zip file) to Flash9.ocx

Restart et voila ... no more crash errors.

Also be sure you have Sun's Java J2SE Runtime Environment 5, Update 7 installed and any Pop Up or Ad Blockers turned off ... sometimes these will interfere in viewing flash content.

Caution: This fix has worked for me on a WinXP Pro and WinXP Home O/S, running IE6. I cannot vouch for any others. I hope it works for you!
MobyGrape is offline   Reply With Quote