View Single Post
Old 09-28-06, 09:33 PM   #3
Rcsubs
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Horsa,

Sorry for not responding sooner, but after reading your response I got a little busy doing some editing on the game to see what results I would get and I am glad to say that I now have a Gato sub that runs at 20knots on the surface flank speed and 10knots submerged, from what I have read that was the performance of the US Gato Class sub.

I have been looking for the file that controls the torpedo reload speed of the crew however so far I have not found that file.

Can you tell me which file that would be?

I have always wanted to do a little programming and learn how to make a PC Game, maybe after I spend a little time on this game and learn a little tweaking I will seriously start programming work on a game. I do have some programming experiance, I have a Associate Degree in computer programming, however I never got a chance to apply my knowledge to some work somewhere. I had to good job offers one time and those jobs went out the window when President Regan canceled the MX Missle Program, oh well maybe I can get into game making?
Is C++ the main program language for games?
What language is used for the graphics part of a game program?? I know you mentioned Hex for the graphics, but is the grames programmed in another language and then compiled into Hex?

Thank you for your time and help,
Darrell
Rcsubs is offline   Reply With Quote