View Single Post
Old 09-25-06, 08:56 PM   #732
Driftwood
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
I'm considering several options that will allow me to do a version of LWAMI with the advanced torpedo controls without having to mess with the parts of the engine that are really bothering me.

The LWAMI 4.xx ATC demo that I released is in fact a fully working version of the game. The only thing that prevents it from being an "official" LWAMI Mod is that 1)it lacks any kind of proper documentation 2) it has the same helo bugs as LWAMI 3.02 and there are a lot of extra things I want to add.

In other words, I'm thinking of doing a few extra things to the demo and writing a readme for it and releasing it, hopefully soon. I'll keep you guys posted on what I'm going to do.

For my part, and I suspect Amizaur's, the Advanced Torpedo Controls really represent the "creative work" that we have done on the sim, all the other changes are really mechanical, or covering up bugs, work that was previously much more interesting, as it helped us figure out the sim... and now that we have a good grasp on what's going on, it really just becomes an ugly landscape. Not to give the impression that DW is not a good piece of software, it is very good... but that makes the rough spots all that more hard to deal with, because they could be fixed so easily with some moderate level of attention.

Cheers,
David
LW, On the ATC, did you ever get the 3rd and 4th Enable clicks working? 3rd click would send the torp into a single circle right and the 4th click a single circle left.