View Single Post
Old 05-24-24, 10:44 AM   #12
Toybasher
Watch

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFilm View Post
And if it hasn't been said already, one of the mods included in Onealex Mod is a torpedo mod which increases the dud rate of shallow-running torpedoes in rough seas; I've turned that feature off as sometimes even average winds are enough to make the torps useless in hitting destroyers and other shallow/medium draft vessels.
I'll also note that even if set to a "valid" depth, there's a pretty high chance for the torpedo to run deep anyways.

Impact Pistol:

Until June 1940: 20%

June 1940 to June 1942: 10%

June 1942 onwards: 3%

Magnetic Pistol:

Until June 1940: 25%

June 1940 to June 1942: 10%

June 1942 onwards: 2%

Apparently SH3 can't really simulate RNG torpedo duds very well, (duds by bad impact angles or premature magnetic detonations are in, at least) so Hisie patch (with values further tweaked by OneAlex, the table listed above are the exact values used in OneAlex) has the above chance for a torpedo to run deep anyways despite being at the proper depth to simulate failure to explode due to manufacturing flaws, a real poor depth-keeping flaw that could cause the torpedo to run deeper then expected, etc.

Very frustrating in the type II as your torpedo count is very limited + you don't have an 88 deck gun. You can sink ships with the AA gun, but expect to use a ton of ammunition. I still do it anyways because tonnage is tonnage, and you can always dive to avoid aircraft.

Last edited by Toybasher; 05-24-24 at 10:54 AM.
Toybasher is offline   Reply With Quote