View Single Post
Old 05-17-24, 05:14 PM   #10
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And power's coming from the wallmount, food comes form the supermarket and nobody needs to do the dirty work anymore and if we lean back and open the mouth, honey and milk will flow down our throats.

Bartering is what its about, Markus. A real, honest money reflects that, becasue a comdooty of any kind used as money stems from the process of and agreeing on bartering. If you say that sort of money is not needed, you say that bartering is not needed anymore. But that implies that everybody has everything and all from nothing.

So despite the inherent implication of that then everybody would have way too much time to think of how to do something silly, my question to you is just this:

"How?"
Today people get their money into their bank account and they don't have to have money between their fingers to live a good life.

In Gene's world people work to improve them self and the society they live in.

No it will NOT be a time of free milk and honey-People have to do work as good as they can and as much they can.

The Elder will earn points based on how much they have worked before their retirement.

I'm not an expert on this money-thing, I just have this dream an impossible dream it seems.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote