View Single Post
Old 05-06-24, 03:02 PM   #5
ESPY
Seaman

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So long as you edit a "matched" set of files, no issue with editing the sim file like that. The sim and the dat file "link" to each other by node ID number.

The reason to open both files is just to assure yourself that the dat and sim are indeed properly linked. But the torpedo sim file does have a "naming" convention inside of it also. Not all sim files are set-up like that...
Ok PB, thanks.

I can't seem to find any middle ground with my tweaks. Torps end up either really bad, or too good.

What I did was start with the dat file that is part of the Torpedoes Early_TNT4B mod with TMOBHU and used that to follow the link to the sim file. I edited that and saved as a new mod. Only change was the DepthKeepingProblems chance value from 0.75 to 0.2. I then enabled the new mod via JSGME (without enabling the original Torpedoes Early_TNT4B). Latest patrol: fired 20, 15 hit, 5 duds, no deep runners. Not only did deep runners disappear entirely, but the dud rate seems a bit low too! Ugh!

Maybe next I'll try first enabling the original and then enabling mine on top of it???
ESPY is offline   Reply With Quote