View Single Post
Old 05-05-24, 05:12 AM   #57
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Well, twenty years ago you might have caught me with tournament modes and league seasons, but truth is that this does not interest me that much anymore. When I simdrive, I enjoy the experience of driving the car and for my standards - which are track-safe but mediocre in competitiveness - pushing it to the limits of what I can control on track, and I like the immersion. But I mostly run open practice even when driving alone, so I run into some cars on track, dogfight with them or not, and thats it.

I am a bit surprised of myself that in Golf+ I developed so much ambition to improve handicap and lower stroke numbers per course. I really grew some fangs and claws over it. Its like a psychological echo from a long forgotten era.

If you could make yourself to get into Golf+ - thats your best chance to lure me into online meetings. Else there is a very very small chance you may meet me in an AC (classic) Nordschleife trackday session. But now that there is the Nord for ACC, even that chance is microscopic. And ACC in VR and online - thats a bit more than just a challenge for my aging system, i dont do it therefore. Also, the ACC crowd only seems to do ordinary races.

Life runs in cycles. I had my flightsim era, it faded and then began my tanksim and subsim era, when it ended there started the the racingsim and Bethesda era, and now its my Golf and Racketsports and VR era.