View Single Post
Old 05-03-24, 11:26 AM   #381
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

30 days ago I accidentally hit the "Prime" button when playing an Amazon order. I got their 30 days free test period. In that time, I watched the first season of Fallout - good -, and just recently the first season of The Rings of Power, a LOTR spinoff, also good. I now noticed that inside BigScreen, they have players for streamign platforms like Netflix and Prime. So, watching Prime series and Prime movies in one of BigScreen's very nice movie halls is easy peazy , bringing all that stuff up to the big movie screen. Since I place 1-2 orders per month at Amazon and found them to have several other series I am interested in, from Yellowstone to Westworld, and some more, I have decided to stay with Prime for the time being, it pays off easily for me. Also nice that movies I would not care to buy on disc or to buy tickets in cinemas, often are released early on streamign platforms and before disc release anyway, and then can be leased for 3-4 Euros, being watched in my private movie hall. Thats - MUCH - cheaper than a real cinema ticket or buying a Bluray.

Just to remind that it is a big mistake to underestimate the magic of VR for simply watching movies or series on the big screen. No home TV theatre can compete with that, none.

I still can mirror discs via PC into the VR mask, if it is a movie not available on Prime.

Big shows I have not watched on TV anymore since many, many months, and already since before the Q3 arrived. I currently let a service treaty with a cable TV provider run out, I do not need them anymore, and the German news shows and political reports simply are too bad as if I want to pay more for them than I must (via GEZ).

I also learned not before now that I can link blutooth hardware to the mask, and easily. Mouse or keyboard for exmaple, if need be, or a gamepad.