View Single Post
Old 04-30-24, 07:17 PM   #3334
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I did not say this is a big breakthrough, I said two or three days ago that there is a big danger of this leading to an operational breakthrough, and Reisner now says its a break into the second and third defense lines which are not as well prepared as the - by now disappeared - first line they had build since 2014, and which were meant for delay only. Reisner also said this could turn into as he called it a major breakthrough. But the Russians have penetrated 2nd and 3rd lines, and are widening and deepening the breach.

Ukraine obviously finds it extremely difficult to scratch together any reserves able to fill the gap and seal it, while the Russians work on it.

The Russian pressure will increase further, due to symbol-heavy May 9th festivities.

Reisner said the situaiton is so depseratwe that the ATACMS attrackiugnCirmea were little help - the firepower must be focussed on sealing the breach now. If they fail, this could be the beginning of the end and lead to the collapse of the whole front int hat district. Hence my fear of what I phrase as "operational breakthrough". If the Russian succeed with this breach, then it gets a real big thing.

In the past two weeks Russia penetrated defences in that sector up to 20km deep, I read. They clean their path with their damn glide bombs. And there can be no doubt that the Ukrainians also take heavy casualties. Its just not as prominently reported in our news.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-30-24 at 07:28 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote