View Single Post
Old 04-30-24, 04:05 AM   #22
Kintanar
Swabbie

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljekio View Post
Hello, no no, I know about these tools, it’s just that the map itself is quite rough, with thick lines and large pixels, that’s what I meant. Although I'm almost used to it now. And I always sent a report about contacts when either I couldn’t attack myself, or the target was too fat. And then I often receive a yellow message from the BDU about radio contact in the same area - they say, investigate it out.
It is not that the map has been taken from SH3, because that is how the Kriegsmarine naval maps were like, rough. Even some grid elements have been removed in the game for better readability.

Take a look at this:
https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmar.../feature6.html

Regarding the contact reports, if there are other submarines in the area, they will also attack, in a way like wolfpacks. Even if there are any allied air bases, they will also send some planes to attack the convoy.

In the Atlantic it is less common to form a wolfpack derived from your contact report because the submarines are further away from each other, but in the Mediterrean campaign I have seen that it is much more common, since the space is smaller and the submarines are closer to each other.