View Single Post
Old 04-16-24, 01:22 AM   #283
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
My wife and I were in Gion in late September of 2010. We saw a guy stalking a Geisha. He was following her, dashing from one hiding spot to the next, just behind her. We didn't know what to do ... we had only been in this very different foreign country for a few days at that point.

Part of me is glad that the Japanese are now protecting the Geisha. Part of me is sad that outsiders will no longer be able to experience Gion. It really is a very beautiful place.
Hi Sean. Japan's on my bucket list, I'll get there one day.....I hope. A good mate of mine, his daughter is over there now on a school excursion . When I went on school excursions we went to the local steelworks, coal mines, and port, and got a lump of coal each as a souvenir. Times change.

A lot of Japanese tourists come to Sydney, and they stand out. Good manners, well dressed, and multi lingual.

A contrast to all the yobbos from God knows where that descend upon us.

I used to be involved with Foreign Affairs issuing Passports and knocked back a lot of ratbags that would've been terrible "ambassadors" for my country overseas.

There's a lot of "Crazies" around, on the loose in Society. Yesterday I went to Bondi Junction ( I do a lot of business there ) and there's a VERY large Floral tribute been set up and people paying their respects to the poor women and men murdered and wounded on the weekend. I found it quite moving and got emotional, particularly when a crying beautiful young teenage girl did a tribute to her slain friends.

The perp was a "crazy", a thug probably doped up on redbull and drugs. There's heaps of them around you've only got to make eye contact and they're in your face. They travel around from city to city, sponging off do gooder charities.

A sad state of affairs.

Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote