View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 07:14 PM   #7686
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post
I did say in my rant "according to the pundits", as in it's their opinion not mine. As for building a wall along the southern border how will that stop migrants from simply bypassing it using boats?
I spent a lot of time interdicting people at sea. It can be done with local, state and federal seaborne and aviation military and law enforcement agencies, good electronic surveillance systems ( got a lot of help from the army reserves and their radar systems). Also helped by the 100’s of thousands recreational, commercial boats, and condo commandos reporting them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Daily chumming would help with the Ocean path.
That happened a lot too. Usually those coming across on inner tubes and small fast boats capsizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Not necessary, 90 percent are entering the US via official border crossings, legally.
The border is 100% overwhelmed it’s a free for all. Many people are only identified then temporarily released while they await a hearing. There’s no difference between those considered gottaways because there was nothing stopping them and those who entered were caught then never show up for their hearing. Why won’t they show up for a hearing? Because they know full well that even if they go to their hearing there’s no guarantee they will not be deported. Then we got to spend more time and money to find them amd round’em up. Only way I know to help control that is to control the border, a wall would definitely send a message and I hope think slow down the flow to manageable levels.

Before we used to throw them in places like Krome while they awaited a hearing. Now there’s so many flooding our border they are let in stuck in limbo without a court date, and those that do get one we can only hope they show up to court.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 04-15-24 at 06:22 AM. Reason: SPAM filter alert
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote