View Single Post
Old 04-13-24, 05:14 PM   #932
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
this is the war I talked about before, the Gaza conflict became a regional war today.
Not necessarily yet. Iran must honour the population'S desire for retaliation, but has no real interest to unleash a full war now, because then it would torpedoe its own longterm strategy to drive a wedge between Israel and the US - this night will bring both closer together again.

A lot depends on the dmage this attack will do in Israel, and whether or not Israel and the US directly counterattack Iran, not its proxies, but its very own territory. Also, Hezbollah activity ha snot spiked. One wpuld assume that if Itan wants to unleasha full war, Hezbollah would be even more active now. Its said to have at least 100,000 missiles.

It could get to where you described, but I think it is not yet there.

Meanwhile, the drone swarms are being followed by later-fired missiles and now also cruise missiles with shorter flight times, it gets reprted. I assume they arte timed to reach targets very short after the drones arrived. IF they arrive, which is a big "if". The drones probably only are decoy, distractions, like in Ukraine, to get the Israeli defences straying off their primary targets.