View Single Post
Old 03-24-24, 07:48 PM   #2987
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I think polticla leader sin Europe already have started to move back into their convenience zones of just ignroing what they do not want to see. In NATO and in many countries, improvements of defence topics has alreadsy been started to ciruelcate back and fiorth in panning gremia endlessly, in potlicla boiards, and committees where everybody fights to have his ego getting enough attention paid to. Like the Zeitenwende by Babble Olaf already was watered down within the very same week he spoke that speech, all claims and plans and ambiitons declared one year ago and before have started to get watered down as well again. Worse, they alraeyd have started to ignore Russian threats again. Esoecially bad the siutaiton is with the German SPD, the chancellor'S own party, that now openly lobbies for giving Russia what in their perception it wants in this moment - and ignroign that in fact Russia wants uch, much more - that gets compeletly ignored, to a adegree where they even refuse to asnwer quesiton for that.

Th Germans are a very, very big problem. Not the only one, but probably the biggest one. Politically, and militarily.

Also, a general issue with NATO is too low reserves of evertyhing, at least in Europe, but smart weapons soon will run out for America as well if it gets engaged in Takwan or Eastenr Europe.

Politicians behave and act as if we had all time in the world. We haven't. And I fear we once again will wake up too late, and then pay a very very cruel, bitter price for our idiocy. Our stupidity is unforgivable.

I do not believe that NATO is as strong and deterring as many popular names claim.

Regarding Hodges, he ahs amde many wrong assessments about the Ukriane war and the chance sof Ukraine last year, too many as if I still pay too much attention to him. Also, his political assessments on the situation of European suppoort and how it would develope, was totally off the mark in parts. Hodges to me is hopelessly optimistic. Maybe he thinks he miust painmt the situaiton rozy, as moral support and to blind the Russians. But I doubt they buy it, and certainly I don't.