View Single Post
Old 03-14-24, 04:34 PM   #1394
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

There is another version of Out Of Time that was done with a lavish string and horn backing arrangement (mainly as a backing track for a cover done by Chris Farlowe), but Jagger and Richards much preferred the more striped down version; Brian Jones plays marimba on the cut...

...and, since this YT clip was posted, when I hear that song, my mind immediately goes to Margot Robbie dancing along to the record; a vision of beauty...

...and this is the clip I was referring to...

...interesting thing: I thought I had finished posting the clip, but I was wrong; it seems some idiot who disagreed with the ban against smoking in the library decided to sneak off to some secluded nook to satisfy his/her insatiable oral fixation, causing the smoke alarm to go off; the library was promptly evacuated, sine, at the time the staff didn't know of the source of the smoke, and, in the rush, I closed out the post before I hurried to gather my laptop and belongings not realizing I had failed to finish the post properly...

Just last Sunday, Billie Eilish received her second Bets Song Academy Award (Oscar) for her song What Was I Made for? from the Barbie motion picture soundtrack; this is all the more impressive because she is only 22 years old and beat out an impressive group of competitors; add the Oscars to the nine Grammys she has already won for her work and there is little doubt she is well on her way to the Holy Grail of an EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony awards); all she really needs is one big TV special and a Broadway musical and she's one of the lucky very few...

<O>