View Single Post
Old 03-02-24, 01:35 AM   #5390
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Movie Review :-

"Dune Part 2" or is it "Dune 2" ????

Big Tip......take earplugs.....lots of Industrial level sound effects.

"Urine and feces are processed in the thighpads" - Liet Kynes.

Yes Dr Kynes, damn good advice, this movie is 3 plus hours long with no intermission. You need a bloody stillsuit to get through it without wetting your pants . I was seriously bursting for a pee by the end of it, and joined the stampede for the Gents.

SPOILERS ALERT....... There's lots of nods to "diversity", I felt the whole "Jamis" bit was seriously overdone.
There's some big changes from the ORIGINAL !!! "Dune" book by Frank Herbert e.g. in no particular order.....Chani goes off in a huff..."You don't love me".......Stilgar goes...."Yippee...Holy War...Here we go, Here we go, Here we go etc..."with the Boys oops Fremen....without waiting for "Dune Part 3". Naughty Stilgar....
The director should've used "The Dune Encyclopaedia" for background "stuff" and not the co-authored books by Frank Herberts son. Good to see Margot Fenrig get a mention.
Alia not born by movie's end but only a "presence".

It's "Dune"...... but for a new generation/audience. And it definitely looks like there'll be Part 3.......I only hope Disney doesn't take it over.

Last edited by Eisenwurst; 03-02-24 at 01:49 AM.
Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote