Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Dune Part Two hype anybody?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68368535

I watched part one in my private VR moviehall on the XXXXL screen. Visually stunning, but the style the narration was pushed forward was a bit sterile, for my taste, however, that perfectly reflects the mood I felt when readin the books (severla times). Seen under the aspect of adequately translating literature into a book-matching movie, the film was extremely good.

I only hated that they bowed to modern zeitgeist and lobby groups and made Liet Kynes a woman where in the book he was a man. Unnecessary, and factually incorrect.

Villeneuve has several high-ranking masterpieces under his belt now. Prisoners. Arrival. Blade Runner 2049. Dune. As a thriller and taken for itself: Sicario. Thats a very impressive record already.

More Dune films are planned, at least Dune Messiah, possibly also Children of Dune. Myself would prefer to end with God Emperor of Dune, it brings things to a logical conclusion, it closes the circle and is an interesting though difficult book in itself. Books 5 and 6 are unneeded.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-23-24 at 06:56 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote