View Single Post
Old 02-08-24, 05:51 PM   #2051
Richard.W
Swabbie

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default NYGM..Hoping for a little guidance.

First of all, I realise this will be a "ME issue" and not a fault of the mod or game but after successfully modding one copy of SH3 with GW, trying to mod another copy with NYGM has got me beat.

I have a virgin clean installation of SH3, outside of the program files and X86. In my case it's (D)>steam>steamapps>common>Silent Hunter 3

Installing JSGME and MODS folder = Done.
NYGM Super Mod (all 13 parts) downloaded = Done.
First 6 files in the list, unzipped and copied to MODS folder = Done.
Run JSGME as admin and all 6 mod elements show on the left = Done.

Now my problems start... Following the instructions, "Install mods in order shown", I activated NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 Full Version. That was fine but when I then tried to activate NYGM3 New, I got a warning message about conflicting parts due to files having already been changed by part 1... I elected to activate anyway but again, activating the remaining 4 parts of the first 6, all produced warnings of conflict issues.

Feeling fairly sure I'm doing something wrong, I stopped there and deactivated (moved back to the left of JSGME) all 6 sections and decided it would be wise to ask for some help before making mod soup.

While I'm here, asking, I'd also like to run JScones SH3 Commander mod. Reading the information on file 7 of NYGM, am I correct in thinking I should install SH3 Commander before NYGM?

Finally, if I also run the JFO mod, should that be installed before or after the other two

Sorry to be a PITA but I prefer to admit my ignorance and ask those who know, instead of plunging blindly ahead and throwing a tantrum when nothing works.

Thanks.
Richard.
Richard.W is offline   Reply With Quote