View Single Post
Old 02-07-24, 06:42 PM   #286
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I want to place an order right now-However I have to wait until my annual statement have arrived which is in the beginning of March and I don't know if I have to pay more tax or if I get a refund.

My annual Dentist is approaching too which is in the end of February.

I have decided to buy the one with 128 GB. I don't think 512 is needed-Can always upgrade in the future

After having watched some videos and reading your comments which made me both nervous but also very eager to own a Quest 3.

Markus
If you do not buy latest blockbuster games with 30-40 GB, 512 indeed may not be needed. I have 128 GB, of which 32 GB is still free, and I could easily free up 15-20 GB more with some games I never play.

Just to be certain: you cannot upgrade the memory in your Quest, you can only replace it with the Q3 with more memory. Spareparts, controllers, headstraps and so forth however can be bought indivodually. I again remind of the NEED to buy any form of external batteery, just the internal one will not make you happy. I have a second right controller which is always mounted in the table tennis "racket", since that thing is a bit unpleasant to mount and unmount, it takes time. I have to switch controller activation in the app on my tablet, which is easier (only one controller for every hand can be connected at a time).

I just saw that Medieval Dynasty is being converted to VR, too, is to be released next month. A sandbox settlement builder, first person perspective, medieval. Sounds like something I will check out in more detail.

Played a full round at Sawgrass today, and played the out round (1-9) with just 3 over par - brilliant for my standards, I usually take 10 over for 9 holes! Had a break, and ate, then returned for holes 10-18. But then I ruined my possible so far best result by playing the home round (10-18) with a messy 18 over par, and there I was left with my usual 20-22 over par for all 18 holes, which also is reflected in my handicap (20). When things go smoothly, I think I really have made progress in Golf. Until suddenly nothing works anymore and bad luck also takes its toll... Its like with Billiards, its extremely depending on day shape.

If you have not known it, Golf+ comes with three fantasy courses, which are okay, but you probably play them only once, they get you started, and thats all about them. The other courses you have to either individually buy, or "lease" access to all of them with a yearly abonement. The game has the official PGA tour license, and they surely know how to milk the coins out of it... - The courses vary in visual quality, like the real counterparts, and you have to decide, before you buy, whether you could like the visual representation in simplified computer graphics. Thats why I have not bought monotonous courses like St. Andrews, which in principle is just a flat open meadow with almost no further landscape features in it. If you are uncertain, we could meet online and I lead you around on the courses I have and that you are interested in - if I host it guests have access to my courses, they must not buy them. Via teleporting, they can be "walked" on.

So far I have
- TPC Sawgrass
- TPC Southwind
- TPC Scotsdale
- Pinehurst No. 2 (no good buy, it looks quite monotonous)
- East Lake Country Club
- Pebble Beach
- Kiawah
- Riviera Country Club
- Olympia Fields Chicago
- Yale
- Kapalua Plantation
- Las Vegas as shown a few posts above.

Also see my post #238.

With the exception of Pinehurst I regret no buy of these, they all have their own looks, character, local atmosphere and style, they are superbly recreated. Around a dozen more is to come over the course of this year.

There are three more courses which I do not plan to get, in videos they looked not so inviting to me, visually. Wolf Creek, Valhalla, St. Andrews. Wolf Creek looks fascinating in rela life, but in the game due to the reduced colour palette, it looks meeeh... Valhalla can be gotten for free if you write a review for it and also become member in the Golf+ club.

The game has several training and practice and shortened playing modes, its all quite interesting. I absolutely love it, with a Golf adapter. The socalled Battle mode is especially interesting, here you play three random holes against a real player whose performance was recorded - all your actions and statistics are automatically recorded and stored online, and from this material you get automatically listed in the world ranking list. In Battle mode you play against the recorded three holes of a player who is close to your ranking. I must say, thats really a neat way to do it!

Last edited by Skybird; 02-07-24 at 07:29 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote