Thread: Daily News
View Single Post
Old 12-10-23, 08:23 AM   #119
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Euro 2024 draw disrupted by sex noises

Sex noises disrupted the official draw for next year's Euro 2024 football tournament, prompting an investigation by organisers.

Lewd sounds could be heard as Switzerland was named in the same group as Scotland, Hungary, and hosts Germany, leading to smirks among audience members.

There were further indecent interruptions as the UEFA draw continued in Hamburg on Saturday.

This was despite an attempt by host Giorgio Marchetti, the deputy general secretary of European football's governing body, to take control of the situation.

He said: "There is some noise here that… has now stopped. No noise any more."

Asked if he had noticed any unusual sounds in the hall, England boss Gareth Southgate said: "I did. I'm assuming it was some sort of prank, but it was hard to really make out what it was."

UEFA declined to officially comment, but it is understood the governing body will investigate to understand what happened and how.

Internet prankster Daniel Jarvis later claimed responsibility for the stunt.

He broadcast himself live on X, formerly Twitter, ringing a mobile phone to trigger the noises at the event.

Advertisement
Jarvis said: "Listen that was us, that was us.

"We got it in there, we put the phone in there, we rung it, sex noise at the Euro 2024 draw. Love you guys."
https://news.sky.com/story/euro-2024...oises-13021810

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote