View Single Post
Old 08-30-23, 01:57 PM   #716
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Dargo and Catfish posted an article in which it was said that Ukraine didn't have to go all the way to Melitopol
7-10 km was more than enough-'cause then they can hit the Russian supply lines near and around Melitopol.

However if they got the Ruskies on the run, they should keep on going forward, as long as the logistic can keep up.

Markus
Yes, I mentioned it, too. I meant mainly the railraid that goes parrallel to the coast but a couple of kilometers inside the country, away from the coast. I said it would be enough if they approach far enough to have that in range of their tube artillery. Railroad is king of logistics.

But the closer to the coast they get the deeper they can also fire into Crimea. Melitopol is not directly at the coast, btw. But if you control Melitopol you have sort of strategic dominance over the whole region, form the coast in the south deep into the country in the north. It can block every Russian movement, like it now blocks Ukrainian movement. Its also better to defend against a Russian counterattack. Defenders in urban areas ave better chances thna defender sin the open land.

Melitopol is protected by itsd own surrounding grid of defence, trenches and positions, like is Tokmak before. I assume the Ukrainians must take Tokmak, cannot bypass it, and even if they could, they would then have it in their rear, which is a risk. I assume Tokmak is the next objective.

Colonel Reisner would remind of that a breakthrough on the operational level only then is an operational breakthrough, when through the breach a deep and swift continuing advance deep into the free space behind the breach takes place, with a continous stream of own troops slipping in through that breach and widening it both in depth and width. They are not yet this far. Lets wait and see what they make of it. Things must move fats now, making hay while the sun still shines. They ahve all their reservesd enegage dnoiw, and fight woith theior storngets brigade. If the Russians co´nsoldiate the front and can gring things to a crawl again, then this probably means the end of the drive towards the coat, Melitopol, and the railway for this year. One canntio swithc on and off monetum at will in war. One needs to gain it, and if one has it then one must make best and longest lasting use of it. There is no pause-button in the construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
I think they will go forward after they consolidated this area, they do not have to take all those fortified city's (Russian occupation “authorities” reportedly began leaving the city of Tokmak.) kettle them supply wise and starve the Russians in it from their ammo will do the job. Don't know how the fortification is behind this line (Surovikin line), but time is coming for the leopards and other tanks in combo with attrition to destroy Russian supply.
The 82nd is equipped not with Leopards but Challenegers. Very slow - but very heavily protected. Also German Marders. I repeatedly red and heard they absolutely love the "outdated" Marder. For an IFV it is said to be very well protected too.

And the psycho war, yes, I tend to forget and ignore what that will do on the Russians. if true what you say and Russian officials already run from Tokmak, then yes - chances look good for Ukraine to strike deep beyond that.

EU purchases of Russian LNG up 40% compared to pre-war-levels. Translates into direct European payments into Russia's war treasury. Over 5 billions per year. The eU has bought 52% of all total Russian exports. The whole scheme of sanction and enmergy system change in Euzrope - is just a showact that doe snothng, but is more expensive than things were before. All fake things shining.

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2...ew-study-finds

Last edited by Jimbuna; 08-31-23 at 05:58 AM. Reason: SPAM filter alert
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote