View Single Post
Old 08-13-23, 01:09 PM   #515
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
OK well if everyone wants to just posture instead of providing information, I will add my two cents that as long as I don't bleed to death in 10min I am sure I will be quickly transported to one of at least five top notch hospitals within throwing distance of my apartment.

I was just hoping someone might know a reputable company that makes good medical kits. Could be for in a car, at home, just in case on a camping trip. I wasn't looking for something that would carry me through a firefight in Africa against the Wagner group.

You mentioned camping, that’s why as a backcountry camper I recommended bandaids for the little boo boos. The elastic bandage roll for ankle injury. tape for finger splints and maybe a wire splint, a triangle bandage for use as a sling or a tourniquet, gauze pads or roll for deep cuts from a hatchet or knife cutting wood. Antiseptics are a must just remember many have an expiration date. Oh, one more thing maybe a packet of bleed stop if your really gushing

IMO only, Much of the stuff in those prepackaged kits anyone can live and survive without. If there is something useful in them you have to sift through all the zippers filled with dozens of crap lotions, creams, anti diarrheal, catheters, aspirins, antacids, motion sickness, baby wipes, cough and cold meds, rubber gloves, masks, iodine tablets, just to find what you really need.

Unless you’re camping next to a hospital. My recommendation is prepare for the bad things that could happen which would prevent me from just getting in the car and go see a doctor. Also everything can fit neatly in a ziplock bag and stored in an easy access fanny pack or outside pocket of a backpack.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-13-23 at 04:09 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote