View Single Post
Old 08-02-23, 09:44 AM   #238
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

High time yes, but whatever now should be done/delivered, needs to be prepared first - by producing it. Production needs to be prepared by opening new production lines in the factories. The US for example wants to produce instead of 25000 rounds of artillery ammo per month 90,000 rounds. They will not be able to do so until in two or three years, I red this morning. Rheinmetall has pushed up its propduction capacities, but still it takes years until new tanks get delievred that today see their order placed. Thats why Australia and Poland turned for South Korea instead, even more so since the German economy gets destroyed by the current political couse and nobody can say whether Germany i some years still can support orders that today got placed, arms deals run for 10, 20 years, later service included. Hungary (I think it was Hungary) ordered Leopard-2s in 2018 - and until today has not gotten a single tank from that order. The German Leopards given to Ukraine - will be replaced in years.

All these production plans must be started, yes: but lets be serious, they will not play a big role in this war, not next year, and not in the year after that, if the war runs that long. The truth is: Europe in no way is able to replace American weapon deliveries, its just not possible, and that the political will also does not exist is just an addon complication. And the Americans - also face limitations, their production possibilities also are not infinite. Finaly, the Wetsenr publics get tired of this war. Support for Ukraine is practically everywhere in decline, slowly, but contantly. Bitter. But true.

This war found us most unprepared, that is the simple truth. Putin calculates that Russia all in all, beside all its hurts and pains and complications, nevertheless has the longer breath to support an escalating, widening war, for the RTussian people he miust and does care much less than Western governments must care for their voters. And I do not rule out that in the end he will be shown right. Meanwhile, Europe looses its last footholds in Africa, namely the Sahel. And who is it who takes over there? Guess.

Ukraine has all reasons to be worried.