View Single Post
Old 07-29-23, 04:53 PM   #165
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ Then I did heard it right when I heard it some month ago.

I say in the future MBT's will change in construction and equipment

It has shown in todays war that they are sitting ducks easy to hit and destroy.

Even though there's a difference between older tanks and newer where the newer can withstand multiple hits and the crew still survive.

Markus
Or new ways of countering drones get developed. Jamming. EMP. Jamming in parts already now affects Ukrainian drone activity and blocks it, compared ot the totloa freedom they enjoyed in the early months of the war. No other army runs so much jamming stuff and equipment and has it distributed in the field like the Russians.

Of course the other side will then learn how to take out jammers and EMP weapon carriers.

The race is an old one, and it will never end.

Personally I see the overwhelming dependency on electronics, GPS and satellites as one big archilles heel of Western and especially the American army. Its comvfortable and allows a lot - if it works, but its also a hard to tolerate level of tehzcnological dependency, and I dont trust it that blindly.
That also is reflected by the Ukrianian demand to get the German Taurus curise mssile, it is quite similiar to Storm Shadow, with one big difference. Storm Shadow only has GPS navigation, and if that link to the satellite gets jammed - which the Russians repeatedly have succeeded to do with Storm Shadows -, then that missiles goes more or less astray. The Taurus has a second navigation system basing on inertia navigation - it still can strike with precision even if the GPS link gets jammed. Thats a big difference.

Putin can trust his old SPD buddies, however. Scholz so far is strictly forbidding to deliver Taurus. He does not want to ruin chances for later relations, and is too cowardly to take responsibility, instead once again hides behind the big and wide American shoulders. Blasé AH. You can't even measure that much smallness of character anymore, it simply falls below the minimum value on the scale.