Old 07-28-23, 10:16 AM   #1425
Foffy
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Hello Foffy! Welcome to SubSim!

The Pre-War starts might be listed last, so scroll the "date" choice down beyond 1945, and you should see Alaska, New Construction and possibly Pre-War. I am not certain, since I don't have the mod on this computer I am on.

Does the game run fine otherwise? You do have to set the "Compatibility" properties in the SH4.exe very similarly to the SH3.exe settings. You also should use 4GB Patch or the similar LAA applet on the SH4.exe, which has to be write-enabled prior to their use...
I wanted to make sure this mod is even working properly, and I assume if I was able to see a pre-Pearl Harbor start date that would be a good sign. Following your suggestions, I only see the default 1941-1944 year selection, there's not even a 1945 option. I even deleted the SH4 folder in My Documents and changed the exe compatibility to XP Service Pack 2 which fixed my SH3 problems, but no, nothing. The game looks like it's just straight vanilla. I wouldn't be able to tell you how I'd know this is working, but I see no difference between this and vanilla. 4GB patching the game did nothing either.

I really can't figure out why none of this is working but everything is working for SH3 and SH5. They're all the Steam versions. I have to be missing something for this one to not be working at all, by the looks of it. JGSME is in the root folder with the game executable, the mods are in the MODS folder, I selected what mods I want to use, shouldn't that be it?

Last edited by Foffy; 07-28-23 at 10:30 AM.
Foffy is offline   Reply With Quote